Get in Shape: How to Improve Your Fitness Starting with Mental Health
Boost your stress tolerance and self-compassion
Amy Shenk Morrison has a unique and effective offering in the wellness world, where she integrates breath work, mindfulness, physical fitness, and mental health. She is a fitness trainer and Licensed Professional Counselor who focuses on relationships and self-compassion above arbitrary goal setting. She takes a stand for self love being more important than doing “x” amount of pushups. In this episode we discuss:
- How setbacks can set you up for success
- The power of words: “Treat day” instead of “cheat day”
- Why motivation won’t get you where you want to go
- Making movement fun and interesting
- Why awareness and self-compassion matter in fitness training
- Training your stress tolerance
- Using breath work and hot and cold therapy
- Healing through relationships: How group sessions impact results
Getting physically fit is more than just having six pack abs. By integrating our mental wellness, we can reach and maintain our fitness goals with greater ease. Tune in to learn more.
Aaron Alexander is a manual therapist and movement coach who has helped the world’s best athletes, celebrities and every one in between to relieve pain, increase strength and optimize their movement. In addition, he hosts the top-rated Align Podcast which features the world’s thought leaders on all things movement and wellness and is the writer of the upcoming book Align: 5 Easy Steps to Transform Your Posture, Age-proof Your Body and Sharpen Your Mind.